The salt would drop on brick masonry and palpable itself as efflorescence when the water disappears and the color of the efflorescence is based on type of created salt. This efflorescence might vanish in summer but remains for the whole year.
Cause of Efflorescence on Brisk Masonry: There is a unique condition of occurring efflorescence and all the conditions should be met otherwise the brick masonry would suffer. There are three main three conditions offering the best conditions for efflorescence formation on brick masonry wall which are discussed here:
• The wall should be contained with soluble salts and that could be presented in masonry brick, mortar, adjacent soil and backing material.
• Water has to present in the brick masonry wall with the contact with soluble salt for the surface where water can be evaporated and left the salt.
• This wall will acquires pore structure for permitting the migration of soluble salt for dissolving it.
• And last of all, all the above conditions should be present for creation of efflorescence.
Factors affect the Efflorescence on Brisk Masonry:
• Temperature: An effect of high temperature falls on the efflorescence as it disappears water prior to reach the brick masonry surface.
• Water: Efflorescence is also frequent in water as water takes some time to reach the surface of the brick masonry.
Sources of materials cause Efflorescence on Brisk Masonry:
• Soluble salt: There are a few sources for instance brick masonry, block masonry, mortar constituents like cement, sand, lime and admixture, grout components including cement, sand, aggregates and admixtures, contacting soil and ground water. The salts may be produced as the reactions between various constituents of brisk masonry walls and all soluble salts has the capability of producing efflorescence, like carbonates silicate, sulfate and chloride.
• Moisture: The main source of it is the rain water especially which are wind driven and penetrate considerable water quality into the well.
Detrimental effects of Efflorescence on Brisk Masonry building: It generally damages the artistic value and the maintenance of the building. But it does not affect too much in the inner side of the building.
Control over Efflorescence on Brisk Masonry: The three conditions that are responsible for this should be controlled and proper action should be taken and as they are removal so can be washed to keep the bricks safe. But the thing is only removal and cleaning is not enough so it is required to seal the wall to avoid the problem permanently.
For more information follow theconstructor.org