Friday, October 31, 2014
The app allows to quantify material, labor, subcontract and other costs needed to complete a construction project.
It will also do all the calculations, so once all the data is entered in, the user will get the total estimated project cost.
This app is available in Google Playwww.play.google.com
Thursday, October 30, 2014
This exclusive video tutorial is presented by EstimatingTakeoff. Free Construction Estimating Software for all types of Takeoff.
General Contracting Estimating, Concrete Estimating, Estimating Masonry, Estimating Drywall, Estimating Painting, Estimating Lumber, Tenant Build Out Interior Contracting Estimating, Home Builder Estimating, Flooring Estimating, Siding Estimating, Estimating Roofing, Estimating Renovations,Landscaping Estimating, etc.
Any one of the construction estimating spreadsheets is Free with the purchase
Friday, October 24, 2014
Trimble Accubid Classic is electrical estimating software helps out complete construction workflow.
The expertises of this software are
- Electrical estimating to purchasing.
- Project management and billing.
- Installed as a client solution only, Trimble Accubid Classic is powered by a comprehensive material database with over 33,000 items and 9,500 assemblies--flexible enough for any sized project.
In today's coordinated BIM environment, it is essential that contractors find ways to effortlessly translate data from one task to another and reduce data re-entry. Electrical estimating data used to develop bids should become the foundation for the rest of the construction workflow.
That is the power of Trimble Accubid Classic, the original full-featured electrical estimating software system intended especially for electrical contractors.
Create estimates from a complete database that includes over 33,000 items and 9,500 assemblies that let you create custom project-specific assemblies on-the-fly. Each item includes labor units, labor factors, labor tracking codes and cost codes.
Use Trimble Accubid Classic’s powerful, flexible tools to drive data from purchasing and change order management, to project management, billing, and accounting without additional data entry.
Trimble Accubid Classic is best suited for contractors bidding on medium to large commercial, industrial, institutional, manufacturing, treatment plants, or multi-unit residential projects.
- Proven Material Database: Each verions of the Trimble Accubid Classic Electrical Estimating program comes with a comprehensive material database priced and ready to use. You can hit the ground running with labor units, labor factoring, labor tracking and cost codes built right into the program.
- Dynamic Takeoffs: Easily create custom, project specific assemblies on-the-fly allowing Trimble Accubid Classic to meet the needs of your unique projects. The built-in dynamic takeoff capability automatically calculates the required quantities for each component in an assembly based on length or count specifications.
- Live Extension: Accubid's Live Extension instantly calculates each takeoff as it occurs. With a single click, you can jump from the audit trail to the extended bill of materials. From the Live Extension, you can sort the bill of materials by system, area, drawing, phase, bid item, labor factor, sort codes, unit price, and/or item in any order to perform reasonable checks. You can make last minute changes to quantity, material, and labor, and your changes are immediately reflected in the final price.
Multi-Level Breakdowns: Applying takeoff breakdowns in a multi-dimensional format, allows users to view subtotals across breakdowns in any order. With complete flexibility and control, you can easily re-sort the extension and breakdown the bid by any combination of breakdowns.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Bleeding is also termed as water gain in concrete. The water leakage in concrete is a serious issue and it happens because of low specific gravity of water. The leakage water is preserved at the top surface of concrete. Bleeding is generally happened in poor proportioned, inappropriately mix and extremely wet concrete. In low depth members like slab and road pavement, surplus bleeding arises throughout scorching weather concreting.
It also happens that along with water some quantity of cement also emerges out of concrete to the surface. The development of cement paste is recognized as laitance. Laitance makes feeble surface over consolidated concrete member below and shrinks bond concerning new and concrete. It is occurred while casting of column starters over the slab. Laitance should be taken out by chipping of the skinny paste prior to initiate next layer of concrete.
Water emerging from the top throughout bleeding, creates continuous channels within the concrete. Concrete turns to be leaky because of these continuous channels.
How to get rid of bleeding in concrete?
- Applying air entraining agents.
- Employing delicately segregated pozzolanic materials.
- By means of accurately proportion, and identical assimilation of concrete.
How to obtain the percentage of bleeding in concrete
Take the container having fairly accurate 10 lit capability and containing inner diameter of 250 mm and height about 280 mm. Load the container with brand new concrete in five layers (50 mm depth). Each layer must be tamped with tamping rod.
Work out the weight of concrete sample.
weight of concrete = (weight of container filled with concrete – weight of empty container.
Getting the total water content in 1 m3 of concrete (apply mix design data), quantity of water in container is estimated.
The container is positioned on level surface with any vibration and wrap it by lid (keep temperature approx 27 degree +/- 2 degree). Water amassed at the top throughout bleeding is drained by pipette at 10 mins intermission for the first 40 mins and 30 mins subsequently unless and until bleeding controlled.
Collect the water drained through pipette in jar and compute the volume.
% of bleeding = (volume of drawn water / volume of water in concrete sample) X 100
Ref. : www.constructionblog.org
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
PLC construction along with their project team members has applied this VDC system in their iconic structure to acquire the client’s satisfaction.
Monday, October 20, 2014
We generally prepare the project cost estimator and after the project imitation for requirement gathering.
It is important to both the development team and client to estimate the effort and cost to mange the project based on the budget. This will help to understand the different phases of project development and how much is costing the each phase.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Trimble recently launched Trimble GCEstimator Software Suite that provides all-inclusive solutions to the estimators to augment their procedure for producing estimates toward complicated construction projects.
This latest construction application integrates the software that is the best available of its type from Trimble Buildings' portfolio of Design-Build-Operate technologies facilitating general contractors and construction managers to improve their work skills, obtain more projects and increase the effectiveness of projects ahead of, during and after construction.
Within GCEstimator, the series of software like WinEstimator and Vico Software acquired by Trimble, are incorporated into a single platform.
GCEstimator allows the estimators to perform precise quantity-takeoff from BIM supported models and 2D drawings as well as a single database or cost library.
GCEstimator software smooth the updating process by generating and saving dynamic links concerning the values in the models and the equivalent items and assemblies in the estimating cost library. As soon as all the quantities are modified in new versions of 3D models or 2D electronic plans, an automatic alert is sent to the user that focuses on which items are modified. This functionality makes the perfectness of the estimating to a great extent as well as significantly minimizing estimating time on future projects.
GCEstimator software facilitates the users to analyze the cost impacts of design modifications to simplify the process of recognizing design changes from model iteration to the next.
Project information system will be streamlined with GCEstimator software as it offers great solution for one-stop native data mapping.
The prospective users can access GCEstimator software through a subscription service.
For more information, visit buildings.trimble.com
Friday, October 17, 2014
This exclusive video tutorial is presented by Bob Hall. Creating bids with a simple pen, pad and calculator is possible but quite difficult. Working with a computer and spreadsheets is more convenient but is still sprawling and complicated to manage.
Construction estimating software like CBD Estimating by Comprotex Software, Inc. comes with pre-programmed Microsoft Excel formulas specifically designed to help you create bids.
While it doesn't have a full feature set like other bid-creator software we reviewed, CBD Estimating does have a familiar interface, a simple design and allows you to cost a job in an efficient manner. Before you buy this software, know that it only functions on computers with Microsoft Excel. We would like to see it be able to act independently, but that's how it works.
CBD Estimating features navigational tabs so that you can easily switch between the setup window, the main window, the scheduling window, the tracking window, the summary window, the notes window and the change order window. This tabbed interface will help guide you to the windows where you can number cost codes, print schedules, track costs and more. You can add more tabs, if necessary.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Hard Dollar, an ancillary of InEight Inc., the recognized technological solution provider just unveiled the availability of HD PCM Version 13.1 useful for building contractor, owner and estimator to create perfect estimates as well as keep control across the project lifecycle efficiently.
This latest construction application contains the following exclusive features:-
- Cost Allocation Items - Estimators will be capable of computing the cost of a specific portion of a job (in a cost item) and after that extend those costs back to other segments of the job where these costs should have been assigned for evaluating cost as well as pricing. It will enhance effectiveness for the estimators and they can get rid of the probable errors.
- Job Snapshots - Save a read-only version of a job efficiently that is useful for the users to get access for viewing information and providing reliable reporting.
- Labor and Equipment Productivity Factors - The estimators get the capability to produce authentic estimation as the software can fine-tune competence of individual people as well as portions of equipment.
- Track Fuel by Account Code - Budgeting and finding out unpredictable fuel prices can be performed individually which advances visibility and control.
- Detailed Estimate to Complete Forecast With this latest forecast system, updating of an item's remaining quantities of the existing estimate can be done separately that keep the perfectness of reforecasts.
- Superior Integration - Latest and reorganized integration functionality with Oracle Primavera P6, NORMS databases, RS Means, and ERP / financial systems facilitate to amalgamate InEight solutions inside project-driven companies.
The new as well as current customers can access HD PCM Version 13.1 with existing maintenance agreements.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Track and locate the construction equipment in a construction jobsite efficiently with Trimble Tracker RFID System
Trimble just launched the Trimble Tracker RFID System to prevent the theft of construction equipment in construction jobsites in USA. As per the report provided by National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), near about 1 billion dollars are lost in every year due to theft of construction equipment.
With the Trimble Tracker RFID System, the contractors as well as equipment & site managers can get a streamlined solution to find out and track assets instantly and effortlessly on site as well as in the laydown yard for storage in real-time, and then obtain the information in the office through Trimble Asset Manager, a Web-based database technology. So the management and maintenance of construction sites will be more improved and loss of construction assets can be prevented.
The contractor puts RFID tags which vary from diversified shapes and sizes, on selected assets like machine attachments, trench boxes, concrete forms, pumps, hand tools, signs, storage trailers and other materials associated with a project. With handheld, vehicle-mounted and gate-mounted Trimble RFID readers, asset location updates are transmitted wirelessly to the Trimble Asset Manager database in the office for efficient data management and reporting under a centralized location. The data is then also wirelessly coordinated and sent back to employees in the jobsite.
Real-time recognition and tracking will result in minimizing the time spent in finding and transmitting equipment, preventing theft, lessening equipment loss, and enhancing the usage of asset. Contractors can make good savings in annual equipment expenditures with superior management of obtainable assets.
Trimble Asset Manager, a Web-supported software as a service (SaaS) application, combines and documents asset location information for getting a view of inventory across sites in the office. With Trimble Asset Manager, authorized users in the office can access it to keep the records of assets, precisely track and trace assets, and plan equipment transfers. Customizable reports are also available so that managers can avail the data quickly and easily as per their requirement.
Besides, Trimble Asset Manager preserves information concerning asset visual condition through the Trimble Inspector Pro app. Condition information integrated with location data facilitates equipment managers a more comprehensive view of their inventory and fleet for taking decision as well as deploy equipment in a better way.
The new Trimble Tracker RFID System can be accessed in North America, Europe and Australia through Trimble's SITECH Technology Dealer Channel. Trimble Asset Manager software is available all through the world through Trimble's SITECH Technology Dealer Channel.
For getting more updates, visit: construction.trimble.com
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Here we bring the review of this awesome book called National Building Cost Manual 2014, authored by Gary Moselle. It is a handy book for getting the vast knowledge of square-foot costs for residential, commercial, industrial, military, schools, greenhouses, manufactured homes, fire stations, libraries, churches, government offices and farm buildings.
- This book includes different aspects such as important variables that can make any building unique from a cost standpoint.
- This book speedily work up a reliable budget estimate based on actual materials and design features, class of construction, area, shape, wall height, number of floors, and support requirements
- This book now contains easy-to-use software that calculates total in-place cost estimates. Use the regional cost adjustment factors provided to tailor the estimate to any jobsite in the U.S. Then view, print, email or save the detailed PDF report as needed.
You want to buy this book, just use this LINK to get it!
Revised annually: It includes a FREE Download Certificate for an electronic version of the book with National Estimator, a stand-alone Windows estimating program. An interactive multimedia video that shows how to use the software to compile construction cost estimates is also available online.
Some of the important contents:
- Residential Structures Section.
- Public Buildings Section.
- Commercial Structures Section.
- Industrial Structures Section.
- Agriculture Structures Section.
- Military Construction Section.
Monday, October 13, 2014
A suitable Project Manager is needed in SJ LOUIS CONSTRUCTION INC at Rockville, Minnesota, 56369, United States. The candidate needs to have a range of skills and expertise including vast know-how of construction. Experienced and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The description of the job:-
The company – in SJ LOUIS CONSTRUCTION INC is renowned for United States national construction contractor in underground work, tunnelling and mining.
As a national corporation, this company has reputation to work public and private sector alongside east and west coast, helps them to built hand-built reputation.
Company Location - Rockville, Minnesota, 56369, United States North Dakota, United States South Dakota, United States Iowa, United States Wisconsin, United States Must for a candidate: Responsibilities-
- The manager has to guarantee safety and security on the jobsite.
- S/He has to develop project budget and scope of work plan, performing site visits, and reviews specs and drawings. The manager needs to secure any permits required for jobs.
- The project manager required to troubleshoot areas of concern on existing projects. S/he needs to communicate regularly and consistently with customers, engineers, sub-contractors and construction team to provide complete status updates of ongoing projects. Coordinate any required pre-construction meetings.
- The project manager ensures compliance with contract requirements through a thorough familiarization and understanding of project scope.
- S/he needs to prepare, revise and update the project schedule and job budgets. Review budgets versus actual performance with the Project Superintendent on a weekly basis and take corrective action as necessary.
- The project manager will work directly with subcontractors and material suppliers to make certain that all submittals are in order. Manage subcontractors’ schedules to ensure timely completion of work. Approve and submit subcontractor invoices for payment.
- The manager will ensure that all extra work is authorized in writing prior to starting additional work, by the owner and all appropriate change order documentation is prepared and executed.
The required skills:
- College degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred • Minimum 5 years of experience in heavy civil underground utilities construction
- Estimating background helpful
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record
- Excellent communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential
- Computer proficiency, including use of construction software, Excel, Word & Outlook.
Ability to travel up to 50% of the time How to apply Job Posted: Less Than 1 Week
Position: Full Time
Saturday, October 11, 2014
DAQRI Smart Helmet is the world’s first ever wearable apparatus that comes with sophisticated display and sensor hardware for next-generation computer visualization.
DAQRI Smart Helmet is useful for construction professional as well as industrial usages as it offers the power of augmented reality and 4D in the enterprise space.
With hands-free wearable HD display, it provides real-time, contextual 4D content. The users will also be able to touch and manage the interface through assimilation with new form factors like smart watches. It contains completely translucent optics which can offer always-on functionality comprehensible in both low light scenarios and bright ambient conditions.
DAQRI Smart Helmet provides 4D work instructions with work packages designed in Industrial 4D Studio to have all the required information for other job sites as well as future generations.
With the high-tech sensors accessible along with an industrial-grade inertial measurement unit, a high-resolution 3D depth camera, and 360° navigation cameras, DAQRI Smart Helmet is compatible with HD video recording, photography, 3D mapping, and alphanumeric capture, facilitating to interpret and realize signage and instrument data.
Watch the following online video to get all the impetus, hardware features, software tools and applications of the DAQRI Smart Helmet.
Friday, October 10, 2014
2014 National Plumbing and HVAC Estimator By James A Thomson.
Manhours, labor and material costs for all common plumbing and HVAC work in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. You can quickly work up a reliable estimate based on the pipe, fittings and equipment required.
Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual. Sample estimating and bidding forms and contracts also included. Explains how to handle change orders, letters of intent, and warranties. Describes the right way to process submittals, deal with suppliers and subcontract specialty work.
Included in this edition: costs for ASME "H" or "U" stamped, LFUE certified 90% or better green certified boilers, costs for emmission sensing and recording equipment for boilers, costs for self-contained roof-top DX air conditioning units, costs for heat recovery ventilators, roof exhaust fans, makeup air units, ventilation exhausters, energy-effecient exhauster arrays, air balance software, LEED certified boilers, residential heat pumps, LEED certified geothermal heat pumps, LEED certified residential HVAC, LEED certified air to air heat pumps, and much more.
You will also receive a link to download the 2014 electronic version immediately while your book is in the mail.
Includes a free download of an electronic version of the book with National Estimator, a stand-alone WindowsT estimating program. An interactive multimedia video that shows how to use the software to compile construction cost estimates is free at www.costbook.com. Revised annually.
- Author: James A Thomson
- Price: $73.25
Thursday, October 9, 2014
This app enables a roof designer to compute and exhibit the images, evaluate design criteria and rendering installations.